Hiring! Head of Coffee
Hiring! Head of Coffee
If you get excited by every step of the coffee making process, care about the sustainability of the industry, you can tell the difference between a Natural Brazilian and a Washed Ethiopian with a blindfold on - Cloud Picker coffee has an exciting opportunity for you.
Cloud Picker is in search of their next Head of Coffee, based at our cafe at 42 Pearse St. Our aim is to provide the best coffee experience Europe has to offer! This position is ideal for an established barista who knows the international specialty coffee industry like the back of their hand! Attention to detail, motivation and coffee focus is imperative to this position, along with the passion and desire to be the best barista they can be.
The ideal candidate will be a motivating force within the team and larger organisation, a creative thinker who enjoys working closely with people. A thirst for new knowledge and a willingness to share expertise with staff and customers. Experience training personnel within the speciality coffee industry with a focus on customer service, overall atmosphere and of course coffee!
This position is independent from the cafe manager position, you will be supported and expected to uphold the Cloud Picker ethos and have input on menu design and drinks development. A creative and dynamic thinker with a genuine interest in driving coffee standards, service and training.
What we are looking for
Some of the kicks we offer
- In depth knowledge of espresso and filter coffee and the ability to dial in multiple recipes for numerous coffees at any one time
- Comprehensive knowledge of coffee regions, processes and varieties
- Prior practical experience in speciality coffee industry essential to this role - Barista/ head Barista role
- Good knowledge of coffee Equipment and trends within the space.
- Experience in barista and cafe training
- Ability and understanding in ordering coffee for the cafe and keeping sufficient stock levels
- Understanding towards the need of resting coffee
In depth knowledge around coffee equipment and upkeep including fault management
- Self-driven and takes responsibility for decision making
- A natural leader and born motivator
- Creative thinker with a developed palate
- Ambition, commitment to the role and a love of the service industry
Strong customer service skills
- SCA Accreditation of benefit but not required
- Experience or the desire to compete in barista competitions of benefit but not required
- International experience of benefit but not required
- Competitive salary
- Access to the best equipment and brands in the industry
- Access to competitions and industry events
- Work closely with the roastery team
- An ever rotating range of specialty coffee offers
- Staff coffee perks.
Cloud Picker is an Equal opportunities employer.
Fluent in English and be eligible to work full time in Ireland.
Full time position, with availability required over weekends.
Apply with your full CV and covering letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate and referencing the required skills and experience to Peter@cloudpickercoffee.ie