V60, Chemex, Kalita, etc.
1. Put filter into cone and rinse thoroughly with hot water.
2. Add 30g ground coffee and shake lightly to settle.
3. Set up cone and jug on the scales, set scales to zero and start a timer.
4. Pour on about 60g of water and stir thoroughly to ensure all the grounds are evenly wetted.
5. Wait until the coffee stops producing gas bubbles - about 30 seconds should do it.
6. Gradually pour on the remaining water until you reach 500g. Pour in gentle spirals onto the surface of the coffee, so that the water reaches all parts of the coffee evenly.
7. Aim to have all the water in the brewer by 2:00.
Once the water is all in, gently stir the coffee bed, then stir around the edge of the filter paper to ensure no coffee is left high and dry. Let the coffee bed drain completely before serving.