Hiring - Experienced Graphic Designer (3+ years)
We have an amazing opportunity! We are hiring for the position of an uber creative new member of our coffee-loving team – Experienced Graphic Designer (3+ years).
This exciting position has just become available! We are looking for a super creative experienced Graphic Designer (3+ years) with an enviable attention to detail and who can't wait to get stuck in to the Cloud Picker team and work on all aspects of the brand across many forms of media - web, print, social media, photography, packaging to copywriting!
You will be the brand guardian but will be getting support from the Director who comes from a graphic design background so you must take direction well. This really is a huge opportunity to see your work published across all platforms for a national and international audience. As we’re a small team, you have a strong direct input with no external clients involved. We encourage creativity, and thinking outside the box and want to find a designer who can bring new ideas to the table and elevate the Cloud Picker brand for different projects and outputs.
We have lots of new projects coming up and in turn are looking for someone who can support the business from the get go. Strong product photography skills are essential. Must have a strong understanding of HTML and CSS and to be very comfortable to get under the hood of a website / program / plugin.
While your line manager will be the Director you will work alongside a close team from Sales and Business Development Manager, Wholesale Executive and the Roastery Manager.
Please include your CV and a cover letter stating why you think this role is for you. Please also supply a portfolio of your most recent work or work that you're super proud of!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality or disability status.
Reporting to: Director
Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience.
Start date: Immediate
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Application deadline: 13.10.23
Application to: email@example.com
Experience and Skills
What's in it for you?
- Brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long term
- Planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, including online and social media
- Assisting with product development and new product launches
- Concept development and ideation
- Updating and designing company documents, presentations
- Experience with Shopify Liquid language or Ruby preferred
but not essential
- UI understanding
- Video editing experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to work within a process and systems
- Efficient at collating, gathering and storing works to be reused or revitalised
- Keen to contribute new ideas
- Creating content for web and social media, in collaboration
with other team members
- Updating website with new products
- Photographing and art directing new product shots, and brand imagery like Cafe and Roastery photos for social media and website
- Newsletters design and content development
- Brand development
- Packaging design
- Maintaining website, create new pages, updating homepage
- Designing Café marketing material and menus
- Signage and spatial design in Cafe
- Liaising with printers and internal departments
- Copywriting / proofreading
- Creating short motion graphics / animations for newsletter,
social media etc
- Art working files
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communications, Graphic Design or a similar field
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- Ability to think on your feet and bring new ideas to the Cloud Picker brand.
- HTML/CSS knowledge is an advantage
- A role to own and call your own
- Free weekly coffee allocation
- Free parking
- Private healthcare (after successful probation)
- Working in a collaborative organisation where your opinions are validated and all ideas considered
- Competitive, negotiable salary