With the Chemex Coffee Party Pack you will be able to brew that Cafe quality coffee at home whilst mesmerising onlookers with the ultra appealing woodneck Chemex, designed in 1941 and still going strong it's a conversation starter if we we've ever seen one! We find the Chemex great for a group of 4 or more when home espresso isn't an option or you really want to showcase your home brewing skills.
Included in the pack is:
If we were having a little get together with some friends and wanted to show them great coffee out of the Chemex we would use a recipe like this below, keeping in mind you should adapt it slightly when changing cup numbers:
250g of our headline blend (SAM / HENRY)
Woodneck Chemex 6-8 cups
- Chemex filter papers
Hario Mini Slim grinder
Cloud Picker stirrer
- Cloud Picker tie bag
3 cups - 25 grams of coffee - 400 grams water
6 cups - 44 grams of coffee - 800 grams water
8 cups - 60 grams of coffee - 1000 grams of water
Note: Beans should be ground a little more coarse than a ceramic drip like a V60, closely resembling sea salt.
- Fold filter and put into Chemex with the thinker side against the spout. Rinse the paper with hot water then discard the water.
- Grind your coffee for the desired cup amounts above, place into filter and gentle tab the Chemex on the table to set the grinds, this helps even the grinds and create better water dispersion.
- Pour in 40-70g of water in a circular pattern from the outside, inwards.
- Gently stir to make sure all the grounds are wet, wait 30 seconds. This will create a bloom which allows for the trapped gasses in roasted coffee to escape.
- Pour the remaining water slowly in batches around 120-150ml at a time. Just as the water begins to drop below the grinds, pour again.
- Once brew is complete, lift out the filter paper and discard. Give the coffee a gentle swirl to help mix the coffee and aerate.
- Pour and chat!
Please let us know if you need wholebean or ground. Just put in the little note.